Model # 8400
Quilt Design and Fabric Estimating Calculator
Designed by a Quilter for Quilters!
Take pride and satisfaction in a finished quilt that starts with accurate dimensions, design and layout. Use the Quilter's FabriCalc
to convert your ideas into usable dimensions – Yards, Inches or Metric measurements. It's easy to do the math with a few simple keystrokes. They add up to fast answers to just about every quilting task. Solutions are built-in for Blocks, Squares, Diagonals, ½ and ¼ Square Triangles, Diamonds and much more.
Calculations that create quilt designs:
- Create quilt designs using Block functions with or without Sashing; solves Diagonals
- Find total Yardage, including Backing, Binding, Borders and Drop for any quilting project
- Calculate the total yardage for Squares, ½ Square Triangles, ¼ Square Triangles, 45° and 60° Diamonds
- Reverse the calculations: find the number of Squares and Diamonds that can be cut from fabric in your “stash”
- Store fabric yardage solutions for six individual types of fabric and view total yardage required for all material
- Use Preferences settings to select Fractional or Decimal displays, Mitered or Straight Corners and more
- Find total costs for material
- Work in Yards, Inches, and Metric measurements – convert between dimensions
- Estimate material requirements. Use dedicated function keys to enter Quilt Width, Length and Border Width; find total Quilt Yardage, Backing, Batting, Binding and Border Yardage; Drop; Border number of Strips, Binding number of Strips, Binding Cut Width and more
- Calculate the total Yardage for Squares, ½ Square Triangles, ¼ Square Triangles, 45° and 60° Diamonds
- Reverse calculations to find the number of squares and diamonds that can be cut from fabric in your “Stash”
- Create quilt designs using Block Key functions, with or without sashing
- Find diagonal for total Quilt Yardage, Blocks and Squares
- Set and store values for Length and Width of Drop (3 sides)
- Store fabric yardage solutions for six individual types of fabric and view total yardage required for all fabrics required for all fabrics.
- Easily calculate total costs for material
- Works as a standard math calculator with +, -, x, ÷, %, Pi and Memory
- Define (change calculator default values) and store material values
- Easy-to read (LCD) display shows answers in simple quilting terms
- Protective 360° Hard Cover Door
- Long-life Battery (one CR-2016)
- Handy Pocket Reference Guide
- Easy to read and understand illustrated [ug]User's Guide[/ug]
- Full One –Year Limited Warranty
5.7” x 3.0” x 0.65” (145 mm x 76 mm x 17 mm)
4.15 oz. (117.7 gm)
Includes Case and Pocket Reference Guide
One 3-volt (CR-2016) Long-life Battery
LCD: 9 Digits* (7 normal, 2 fraction) with Full Annunciators
0.73” x 2.56” (19 mm x 6.5 mm)
12 Digit Internal Accuracy
|I just wanted to say that I have had my fabric calculator for many many years. I had only ever used the top row and even then I didn't always remember how to use it. I have just watched your 4 lessons on you tube. They were brilliant. I learnt soooo much and am now very confident I will get a lot more use out of the calculator. Thank you so very much.|
|User: SueZanne from West Valley City, UT|
|I love this calculator, it makes setting up a quilt a real breeze.|
|Easy as 1, 2, 3|
|User: Cheryl Sammons of Quilted Expressions from North Lewisburg, OH|
|This calculator has so many different uses. I know longer have to worry if I have enough of a fabric to complete a project. Especially useful is the 45 and 60 degree diamonds button. I don't have to purchase excess just to make sure that I have enough fabric. It takes the guess work right out of it, like 1, 2, 3!|
|User: Lynne from Indiana|
|I was a bit over whelmed at 1st but I watch the tutorial online and feel better about this product. I to am new to quilting and i do think this will be a great addition to my hobby.|
|User: Torrance Downes from Old Saybrook, CT|
|My wife was quite pleased with the calculator and the instructional dvd. My mother in law - a long-time quilter - like it so much that she bought one for herself and another quilting friend.|
|No more guessing|
|User: Sandi McGilvray from Chiloquin, Oregon|
|I want to thank you for this wonderful product. It is easy to use, and takes the guess work out of how much fabric to buy for your own personal designs. It also lets you know exactly how much you are spending on your quilts. Again, Thank you|
Click for larger image
[+] What are my shipping costs?
Standard Ground (3 - 9 Business Days)
*within the Continental U.S. AK, HI and Int'l orders will be quoted.
[+] Shop with confidence!
Secure Shopping Guarantee
Shopping with us is safe & secure.
All our products (except downloadable software) are backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee.View our shopping policy