Trades Math and Conversion Calculator
The Tradesman Calc is designed to be useful for both teaching technical trade math and for using on the job in a variety of settings requiring technical math, including Welding, Metal Fabrication, Engineering, Automotive Service Technology, Aviation and Drafting. It is ideal for people working in math-oriented trades and for students and instructors needing an easy-to-use handheld calculator with applied math functions.
With the Tradesman Calc you can work in and convert between all kinds of fractions – architectural (ruler) fractions (like 1/4 inch, 1/16 inch, etc.), proper fractions (2/3), mixed number fractions, (1 2/3) and improper fractions (5/3). You can also work in and convert between U.S. and metric dimensional math units – feet-inch-fractions, yards, decimal inches, meters, centimeters, millimeters, pounds, tons, grams, kilograms, metric tons, board feet, dry ounces.
The calculator also has a wide range of powerful math functions, including the ability to enter math equations using order of operations. And you can work with exponents, square roots, reciprocals and more.
Built-in Functions and Calculations:
- Right Triangle Math: Enter and calculate Angle, Hypotenuse, Opposite and Adjacent side lengths
- Trigonometric Functions: Solve angle and side problems using Sine, Cosine, Tangent, Arcsine, Arccosine, Arctangent
- Circle/Arc: Enter and calculate Area, Circumference, Radius, Diameter, Arc Angle, Arc Length, Chord Length, Arc Height
- Ratios and Proportions: Find x, y values, calculate proportional values
- Hexagon/Polygon: Find Exterior Angle, Interior Angle, Side Length, Outside Diameter, Inside Diameter, Perimeter and Area